[pmwiki-users] comment character?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 22:35:16 CDT 2007

On 9/29/07, drew.w at verizon.net <drew.w at verizon.net> wrote:
> Chris, Tegan,
>
> Thanks for the tips. Are these markups specific to pmwiki or are they
> some sort of standard used in similar products?
>
> -drew
>
> Tegan Dowling wrote:

> >> I use (:if false:) (:ifend:)
> >
> > There's also (:comment this text will not be shown:)
> >
> > and
> >
> > %display=none%this won't display, either%%
> >
> > Text commented-out using the %display=none% method will be visible in
> > the page's source, however, while text commented-out with (:comment
> > hidden:) and (:if false:) suppressed (:ifend:) won't.

I believe all of them have equivalents in other systems (I know the
"display=none" is adapted from html, and that html also has a "<--"
markup that I think is equivalent to (:comment ... :)), but I don't
think that any of the three is found in exactly the same syntax
anywhere else.

More or less.  kinda.