[pmwiki-users] Error encountered with upgrade to 2.2 beta 65

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Apr 4 13:12:39 CDT 2008

Henrik wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Thanks for pointing me to the specific module responsible for the
> security, Patrick, and for the reality check.
>
> I am continuing to investigate alternate webserver hosts.
> canadianwebhosting.com looks promising.

I have used that host for several years, and am happy with them. Their
support is quick and knowledgeable. Their price is excellent. We noticed
a lot of downtime at one point, but things didn't get annoying enough
for us to keep records.

I followed the standard "slightly more secure" pmwiki installation
(change permissions, have pmwiki create wiki.d, tighten them up again).
We have subdomains and cleanURLs. I didn't touch the unmask statement in
pmwiki. I don't even think we have the block recipe going. So far, we
haven't had any security problems.

At one time, they didn't allow the word "open" to be in a file. Pm
helped me track down why my page wasn't saving and gave me a
work-around. CWH fixed the real problem within a day.

Cheers!

Sandy