[pmwiki-users] LinkCSSToolTip + Pagelist by Title takes long to parse...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 03:46:10 CDT 2008

Wednesday, April 16, 2008, 7:30:27 PM, Hans wrote:

> How about creating a pagelist template format which will create
> 26 anchor sections with lists of pagenames by title, and then using
> one pagelist directive with this format? All 26 section will need to
> be hidden initially, and one at  a time with a rollover mouseaction
> been shown.

although this seemed a good idea to me, it proves quite difficult to
implement such a pagelist template. I would think one could create a
template, or a custom template format function, to output any kind of
pagelist one wants, but I have not succeeded with this one.

BTW LinkCSSToolTip has an undocumented option:

   [[#| label |: tooltip text:]]

which provides a rollover quasi-link, which is not a real link, and it
is not clickable. But you can roll your mouse over the label, and the
tooltip will show. With this you can create something like rollover
term - definitions. It would also be  more appropriate for the dynamic
menu.

  ~Hans