[pmwiki-users] ADOdb and Database Standard

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Sun Apr 20 11:56:13 CDT 2008

> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:44:58 +0200
> From: "Julius Thyssen" <jultus at gmail.com>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] ADOdb and Database Standard
 >
> I've installed adodb498.zip, the latest SelectQuery and have it all in
> the right locations, as far as I know. This is in my local/config.php
> :
>
> $Databases['tralala'] = array(
>  'driver' => 'mysql',
>  'hostname' => 'dbhost.nl',
>  'database' => 'hallo',
>  'username' => 'my_db_username',
>  'password' => 'something');
>
> include_once "$FarmD/cookbook/adodb-connect.php";
> ADOdbConnect('tralala');
> $SelectQuerySettings['database'] = 'tralala';
>

> So, what is going wrong where?

I don't know for certain that this is the cause of the error you're
reporting, but one problem I can see is that you're calling ADOdbConnect
from your config.php.  ADOdbConnect() is intended to be called from the
recipe (in this case SelectQuery 2) and not from the config.php.  I'll
make the instructions in the DatabaseStandard recipe page more clear on
that point.

Ben Stallings
Interdependent Web