[pmwiki-users] Nested IF

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 08:54:56 CDT 2008

Thursday, April 24, 2008, 2:24:43 PM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> PS I don't think much of the way this looks in terms of being understandable
> and intuitive.  (That's why I've offered so many alternatives - in hopes of
> finding one that looks right.)  If somebody has a better idea on the markup
> I'd be all ears...  The recipe could actually over-ride the existing (:if
> ...:) markup, but then most existing conditionals would have to be altered
> and existing sites would be unable to use it.

Would it be possible to create if markup similar to the div markup,
which accepts digits after the 'if' which act as identifier, to help
identify beginning and end of a conditional?
Example:

(:elseif2 ....:)
(:if2end:)
(:elseif1 ...:)
(:if1end:)

This will make it much clearer from where to where a 'nesting' goes.

  ~Hans