[pmwiki-users] Bug in functions PageTextVar or Qualify?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Apr 27 02:12:03 CDT 2008

noskule reported to me a possible bug which showed up when using FoxEdit
to load PTVs into an edit form, but which is not related to fox or
foxedit.

When PageTextVar is called, and the PTV value contains {$FullName}, the
returned string for {$FullName} is expanded to {GroupName.PageName$FullName}

OTOH when the value contains string {*$FullName} it is returned as
{*$FullName}, unchanged, as what I expect it should.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FormPTVTest
where two test PTVs are loaded into text input controls via
(:input defaults source=...:)

The substitition of {$FullName} to {Test.FormPTVTest$FullName} is
done in PmWiki's Qualify function, which function PageTextVar calls.

  ~Hans