[pmwiki-users] Formatting in lists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 30 15:51:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:31:59PM +0200, Jan Erik Moström wrote:
> OK, I spent an hour or so trying to figure this one out but
> failed. I've got a list where an item contains some source code,
> something like this
>
> # blupp blupp blupp
>    (:source lang=html4strict:)
>    several lines
>    (:sourceend:)
>
> # blipp blipp
>
> My problem here is that the blipp blipp item starts with 1
> instead of continuing with n+1. Is it not possible to have
> source block like this in a list or am I missing something.

It's possible that the (:source:) markup is causing all
lists to restart.  However, if you try formatting it as
follows, it may work:

   # blupp blupp blupp
     (:source lang=html4strict:)
     several lines
     (:sourceend:)

   # blipp blipp

that is -- make sure that the (:source ...:) and other lines
align with the first character of "blupp blupp blupp".

The other approach is to explicitly give a list item a number,
as in

    # blupp blupp blupp

    # %item value=2%  blipp blipp blipp