[pmwiki-users] Hacking (again!)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 2 13:05:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:59:40AM +0000, Erik Haagensen wrote:
> I asked my servivce provider if there were possible to do changes in the
> system files on his server - and he replied that the security on the server
> was good enough - and that any hacking was possible because of  - I'll try to
> translate -
> "This type of hacking is due to security holes in the code - not on the
> server. We cannot do anything from our side. As a rule this is caused by
> badly secured schematic code / form code (??) "

I'd basically agree with your service provider, except that where the
problems show up might not be where the holes are.  In other words,
it could be a script _other_ than PmWiki where the problem is actually
located, and it's just showing up in PmWiki.

Is there a way we can get more details about what is happening?
The version of PmWiki being used, what version of PHP, etc?