[pmwiki-users] form to search page names - one solution

aless alessors at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:12:22 CDT 2008

Inspired by this old thread (second post):

http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-users/browse_thread/thread/d22c5ba667fed0f6/089e78f0b9c0a875?lnk=gst&q=search+in+titles#089e78f0b9c0a875

I came up with this solution. It makes use of the HttpVariables recipe:

In one page I created this simple form:

(:input form method=get action={$ScriptUrl}/Main/Search_results:)
(:input text name=search_term:)
(:input end:)

Then, in the page /Main/Search_results, I grab the variable passed with
the GET method (?search_term=text_entered_in_the_box) and insert it in
the (:pagelist:) directive:

(:pagelist name=*{$?search_term}*:)

It works, but I don't know if there are better solutions. Any other idea?

  alessandro