[pmwiki-users] Random Quote : enhancement idea : automatic refresh

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 09:31:04 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:20:51PM +0200, St�phane Heckel wrote:
> What about having a Random Quote automatic refresh ?
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RandomQuote
>
> To refresh each 20 seconds, markup would be something like :
> (:include {Quotes$RandomSection}interval=20:)
>
> I would like to avoid the AutomaticPageRefresh cookbook
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AutomaticPageRefresh

Why avoid the refresh cookbook?

Better might be simply a refresh markup:

    (:refresh 20:)

Another option might be to do the other requested improvements
to (:redirect:) and allow delay as one of them.  Then it
could be simply:

    (:include {Quotes$RandomSection} :)
    (:redirect {=$FullName} quiet=1 delay=20:)

(The (:redirect:) at the end causes the page to redirect to
itself every 20 seconds.)

Of course, by doing this with (:redirect:), we could then
open ourselves to the possibility of creating automated slideshows
using (:pagelist:).  :-)