[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and Pagelist as report generator

Steve Glover steve.glover at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 04:07:07 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've been stretching PmWiki (and Balu's blogging tools in particular) in
almost certainly unintended ways by having sets of pages that start off
by assigning a set of variables and then display them in a particular
format, and then using a collection of pagelist formats to pull out
particular views:

For example, I might have a set of pages called YYYY-MM-DD-label that
start off like:

(:if false:)
and ending with, say:

[[#entrybody]]
!!! {$:Linkname} (joined on {$:Joindate})
[[#extendedbody]]
|| class="tiger" border=1 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=4 width=90%
||! Name ||! Email ||! Address ||
|| ||{$:Contact} ||{$:EL} ||{$:ELaddress} ||
|| ||{$:Contact2} ||{$:EL2} ||{$:ELaddress2} ||

So the first part of the page contains my data and the second half
displays it.

The reason for using variables, though, is so that I can have an
aggregator page containing a pagelist:

(:pagelist fmt=BlogOverviewTemplate#shortmemberlist group={$Group}
name=2???-??-??-* count=999 order=$:Organisation :)

which is formatted thus:

[@
[[#shortmemberlist]]
(:template first:)!!!Organisation
(:template each:)* [[ {=$FullName}| {=$:Organisation} ]] - {=$:Olink}
[[#shortmemberlistend]]
@]

Or however we need the data....

Now, I finally come to the actual question:

Producing the individual pages manually using the ordinary pmwiki editor
was fine when there were only two or three a week. However, we're going
to need lots more, and it would be useful to use an input form to write
out the individual pages.

Is there a way in PmWiki of having a form that collects values of
variables and then writes them out, not to an email, but to a new wiki
page whose name is constructed from variables in the form?

Thanks

Steve

--
Steve Glover: SDSS, EDINA, Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside EH9 1PR
e:steve.glover at ed.ac.uk t:0131 650 2908 f:0131 650 3308 m:07961 446 902

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.