[pmwiki-users] How to modify the default search?

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 06:05:25 CDT 2008

Hi,

We set a page text variable 'obsolete' on pages that are obsolete like
this
 	(:obsolete: yes:)

and I know that I can search for pages where 'obsolete' is ''not'' set to
'yes' by entering the following in the search form

 	bla bla bla  $:obsolete=-yes

However, how can I make this behaviour the default when searching for
pages?

In other words, I'd like to let the users only search among non-obsolete
pages by default, and only if they manually do a search such as

 	bla bla bla $:obsolete=yes

will they search among the obsolete pages.

The clues I've found regarding customized searches primarily relate to
e.g. excluding pages based on their name ($SearchPatterns).

regards,
Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr