[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and Pagelist as report generator

Russ pmwiki at russhosting.com
Wed Aug 20 07:36:22 CDT 2008

Hi Steve,

I use PTV's and pagelists in a similar way.  Using Hans' excellent Fox
(http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/Fox) and FoxEdit
(http://pmwiki.com/wiki/Cookbook/FoxEdit) recipes, I am able to create
and edit pages with a user-friendly input form, saving the form data as
PTV's on the target page.

In a recent example, I used Fox for a used car dealer to create
inventory listings.  The entry / new vehicle form that creates the page
uses the vehicle's stock # as the PageName:

(:fox inventoryform #top target='{$$stock}' redirect=1
template=VehicleTemplates#newvehicle :)
|| '''Stock#:'''||(:input text stock size=30:) ||
|| '''Year:'''||(:input text year size=30:) ||
|| '''Make:'''||(:input text make size=30:) ||
|| '''Model:'''||(:input text model size=30:) || ... etc.

Russ Jackman