[pmwiki-users] Proposal to change (...) in links to {...} (fwd)

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:59:50 CDT 2008

> I'd like to propose that we begin migrating to using curly braces
> instead of parens to suppress parts of links.

It sounds reasonable, but why did you initially select (...)?

> Proposal:  I'd like to start switching pmwiki to use curly braces (or
> perhaps some other bracketing character) instead of parens for this,
> such that the above link would be written as:

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but on a Swedish keyboard {..} are more
inconvenient. I also don't see {...} as that intuitive, but OTOH I guess
(...) wasn't either.

Some alternatives:

    [[(http://www.)pmichaud.com]]		- today
    [[{http://www.}pmichaud.com]]		- { ... }
    [[<http://www.>pmichaud.com]]		- < ... >

What other characters are the that are illegal in URIs?

/Christian