[pmwiki-users] Help Please! Upgraded from .63 to .68 some French pages are not displaying

Graham Archer Graham.Archer at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 26 04:24:03 CDT 2008

Hello,

I upgraded our wiki from  beta version .63 to  beta .68 over the weekend.

To do this I backed up everything from the .63 system and then installed
this backup onto a new server.
I then replaced pmwiki.php(version .63) with the new version .68 and
copied over the new scripts into the scripts directory.

All is fine apart from ....
Today it has been reported that some of the French translation wiki
pages are not showing.  Clicking on the lick brings up the edit page as
if the page does not exist. There is also no page history.
This appears to be only for those pages with the "é"  character - and e
with the accent on top - other French language pages work o.k.

Example:

In Edit mode the link on one of the pages is written as this:

%blue% [+ 1 - [[Les Procédures]]+]

In the wiki version .68  - hovering the mouse over the link gives me this
http://....../pmwiki.php/France/LesProcDures?action=edit

In the wiki version .63 hovering the mouse over the link gives me this
http://...../pmwiki.php/France/LesProc%e9dures

Again for:

%blue% [+ 7 - [[Etat de Migration des Données]]+]

In version .68 the link shows as:

http://....../pmwiki.php/France/EtatDeMigrationDesDonnEs?action=edit

and in .63 it is shown as:

http://...../pmwiki/pmwiki.php/France/EtatDeMigrationDesDonn%e9es

When I look into wiki.d these pages are in the directory, for example....

Version .68
 webservd webservd    9055 Jul  8 07:49 France.LesProc?dures

Version .63
 webservd webservd    9055 Jul  8 07:49 France.LesProc?dures

I guess I have missed something in the upgrade around languages??

Looking at the scripts directory they have the same language files,

xlpage-iso-8859-13.php
xlpage-iso-8859-2.php
xlpage-iso-8859-9.php
xlpage-utf-8.php

 and the file for the French pages in /local is also the same i.e. ..

##change to French language

XLPage('fr','PmWikiFr.XLPage');

Any hints/tips appreciated on what I may have done incorrectly....

Thanks

Graham