[pmwiki-users] Skin Formatting Issue

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri Dec 12 19:18:59 CST 2008

The problem you're seeing is due to the "float: left" on #wikileft. More
information and pointers below.

--
You appear to be using it to separate the left column and the main body
content -- probably because the PmWiki template does that. Since you are

--
I'd strongly recommend you check the validity of your HTML, as you have
some non-closing tags and other errors in there. (http://validator.w3.org/)

--
When you use pagefmt you need to ensure they encapsulate entire DOM
objects. PageLeftFmt starts before a TD, and end within the TD

So in this case move the PageLeftFmt down one line to sit inside the TD,
just above the H2.

--
You have a PageHeaderFmt that closes, with no opening tag.

--
I'm not sure of this (and I didn't try), but I'm not sure you can
include PHP markup in the PmWiki tmpl file (down in the footer) -- I

--
You might also want to take a look at using Firefox, with the Firebug
extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843). This

Hope that helps.

  ~ ~ David