[pmwiki-users] "talk" pages

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Mon Feb 4 10:56:07 CST 2008

>snip<

I'm also testing out the same Comments page system Sameer is using, and
also as a page action. Seems to work well, but one big problem is that a
user who has not already entered the password for editing (for which
they get a prompt if editing an existing page) are confronted with ...

The page "Comments/Group-Page" doesn't exist.

... which effectively blocks any user not familiar with how PmWiki works
from making comments. Is there any way to change that so that the user
gets a prompt for the password on Comments pages?

Don,

I don't run into this problem as all the users who can read my wiki can
also edit.

One way out for you may be to modify the Site.PageNotFound page to
include an explanation of what just happened and even a link to the
login page.