[pmwiki-users] Admin password not recognized for FoxConfig

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Tue Feb 5 16:31:17 CST 2008

Hi Hans,

I didn't realize that variables have to be set before a script is
included. Some examples in PmWiki - for example SiteAnalyzer - show it
the other way around. I guess some scripts don't care and others do.
(To all recipe authors: it would help us PmWiki newbies if you mention

In any case, I changed my config file to make sure to include all
scripts only after setting their variables. Unfortunately, that solved
neither the duplicate email notification problem nor the captcha
problem.

I have a suspicion about at least part of the email problem. You
corrected Fox.php on 2008-01-22 to add handling of $ChangeSummary. I
see that you didn't make any changes to foxdelete.php or foxedit.php.
Today in testing the delete button I noticed that All Recent Changes
is showing me "Post deleted", but the page history isn't. And the
duplicate email notifications triggered by the deletion both contain
the previous Summary ("item added"). I suspect foxdelete.php and
foxedit.php need to be updated too.

Thanks for filing down the rough edges on your wonderful recipe!

Randy