[pmwiki-users] password required with FoxForum

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 18:30:25 CST 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008, 12:13:49 AM, malexism at free.fr wrote:

> I installed fox & FoxForum (& FoxDelete, GuiButtons, etc.), the very
> last versions of each, and i have just one problem : the forum is public
> but editing pages is password controled. I have put the magic string
> "$FoxAuth = 'read';"  in local/Forum.php.

I guess you installed fox.php with a include_once(...) in config.php?

If you did then $FoxAuth = 'read';  in local/Forum.php will not be
taken into account, because local/Forum.php loads later than
config.php

Try in config.php:

$group = PageVarr($pagename, '$Group');
if ($group=='Forum') {
   $FoxAuth = 'read';
}
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/fox.php");

  ~Hans