[pmwiki-users] Bug in PmWiki's CondAuth function?

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Sun Feb 10 23:39:48 CST 2008

I experience permission problems when I use CondAuth in config.php.

I'm using AuthUser, and MyGroup has passwords for read, edit,
attribute, and upload.

My Config.php has:
$page = PageVar($pagename, '$FullName');

I login as admin on my home page. Then I go to MyGroup.MyPage and try
to edit.

When I have the following line in config.php, I have to login again to
edit, even though I'm already logged in as admin:
if ($page=='MyGroup.MyPage' && !CondAuth($page,'edit'))

Also, the page's upload password becomes blank instead of (set by
group) when I use "?action=attr" after doing the second login as admin.

Whereas, if I simply change it to this line, everything works fine:
  if ($page=='MyGroup.MyPage')

Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug in PmWiki's CondAuth
function? (See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions). Is there
a workaround or an alternate way to test in config.php whether a page
is being accessed for editing?

Randy