[pmwiki-users] search - display of the lines, where expression was found.

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 06:25:41 CST 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008, 11:59:20 AM, Patrick Ogay wrote:

> I like to extract informations out of my wiki, like phone-Nrs, dates,
> open issues.
> How is it possible to implement a function

> like search, in inputfield:
> -tf

> Output:
> -tf Patrick Ogay  0041061....[*]   ([*]link the article, if possible)
> -tf Fritz Müller  00.......
> telefonnote....  -tf .....

You could try TextExtract markup expression
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

It has a basic built-in searchbox form.
For advanced customised search forms you can try Fox together with
TextExtract. Use fox form option foxaction=display to display the
output somewhere on th epage, instead of writing 9and saving) the
output into the page text.

  ~Hans