[pmwiki-users] Suggestions? Anonymous volunteers calendar

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:03:56 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:24 AM,  <sti at pooq.com> wrote:

> Tegan Dowling wrote:
>  > Organization wants a calendar that volunteers can use to sign up for
>  > available slots on the schedule.  The calendar would display which
>  > slots are taken, but not by whom.  The mechanism for taking a slot
>  > would somehow provide the volunteer's name, etc, to the organization
>  > -- either by causing an email to be sent or by adding the information
>  > to a record-store of some sort (page, database, other...).
>  >
>  > Any recipes out there that could be readily adapted?  Maybe
>  > incorporating other-party tools, such as a Google calendar or Woofoo
>  > form?
>  >
>  > Some kind of anti-spam (captcha, e.g.) would be necessary, if I
>  > somehow do this with PmWiki's native password-based authorization
>  > system.  Otherwise, I could set up AuthUser or UserAuth for this.  I'd
>  > rather not set up a MySQL database, but will if that's the only way to
>  > go...
>  >
>  > Ideas?
>  >

>  I don't have any suggestions, except to say that my wife has asked for
>  the exact same feature for her website. She wants her clients to be able
>  to book time with her, and to let everyone know what time she has free
>  for appointments, but to only let her see who booked the time and why.

I was thinking that maybe this could be adapted, by someone who knows
how, from something designed to let people reserve seats at
performances -- the number of remaining seats for each performance is
automatically reduced by each reservation, but the confidential
information associated with each reservation is either saved on a
read-protected page, or emailed to the scheduler.