[pmwiki-users] Further Adventures With Doubled Footers!

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri Feb 22 19:42:41 CST 2008

>> I didn't realize that. So, as a skin creator, what would a 'standard'
>> skin header/footer look like? Simply like this?
>
>>         <!--wiki: {$SiteGroup}.{$SkinName}-SiteFooter-->
>
> What use does it have?
>
> I don't think we have a standard nomenclature for skin subpages.
> I use PageHeader, PageFooter, PageTopMenu, PageFootMenu etc, all
> either as Site pages or Group pages.
> I hoped the names will give an indication of their nature as part of
> the skin related page layout, and not of the wiki organisation of
> pages in groups.

Looks like I was using SiteFooter in the same way you have used
PageFooter; I'd added the additional {$SkinName}- to make sure that the
skin works out-of-the-box, and doesn't conflict with the content of
other skin footers.

I searched PmWiki and also couldn't find a 'standard' for skins. I'm
fine with PageFooter / Header (although I'll have to update my skins for
that), but I'll continue to include the {$SkinName}- option as well.

I'll be working on skins over the weekend, so if I'll try to make some
time to draft out a standards proposal for skin section and stylesheet
naming conventions, which will include some standards around blogging.
That'll help standardize blog based skins making it easier to switch
between skins.

  ~ ~ Dave