[pmwiki-users] adding cookbook script

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Feb 24 12:27:11 CST 2008

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :

> The problem with using a web-based interface to install cookbook
> recipes automatically is that it requires write permission to
> the cookbook/ directory.  That's a security risk we haven't
> wanted to take yet.
>
> This is especially an issue since basically anyone can upload
> recipes to the Cookbook.

I think of a one shot interface, at install time, when all the
permission are already open. It should be already a good improvement
if interface use need ssh access and folder permission change beforehand.

could even be a sh script, to be done by the admin, not an online
administration tools.

such online tools should be nice (ala webmin, or phpmyadmin), but all
an other thing

jdd