[pmwiki-users] end-of-section (SectionEdit)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 08:55:13 CST 2008

Thursday, February 28, 2008, 2:36:50 PM, Stéphane Heckel wrote:

> I have tried this, ... however, the enduser does not know which page to
> modify unless I create a dedicated "Edit" button pointing to the correct
> group.columnX. It also "doubles" the number of pages and makes maintenance
> more difficult.

Does SectionEdit not create dedicated edit links for each section?
Or how does the edit action distinguish a section? (pardon my
ignorance)

Another idea:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxEdit
FoxEdit can provide dedicated edit links, which will open a section
in a custom edit form. Just create sections with

[[#sectionA]]
..
[[#sectionAend]]

anchors and use a foxedit link to open the section in a section edit
form.

You can be very specific with FoxEdit. Downside is that you need to
insert the foxedit link markup, plus the anchors.
This is not done automatically as with SectionEdit
(if i understand SectionEdit correctly, which may not be the case).

  ~Hans