[pmwiki-users] Issue with RSS feeds on password-protected pages

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Jan 14 05:51:09 CST 2008

Hi Benoit,

With page password set to @nopass, the story is:

"Hello, page. I'd like an RSS feed please."

"Let me look. Yes, I see you're authorized to get an RSS feed. I'll
serve it right up."

"Thanks, page."

But with a page password (even if RSS authorization is enabled), the
story is:

"Hello, page. I'd like an RSS feed please."

"I'm sorry, Dave, I can't answer any questions, or even look to see if
you're authorized unless you first give me a page password. You can
never be too cautious, you know."

And since Dave is an RSS Reader, Dave becomes dazed and confused. :)

Randy