[pmwiki-users] Include with a Regular Expression

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Tue Jan 15 09:44:49 CST 2008

Eric Celeste wrote:
> I'd like to create a recent changes page that only includes a subset of
> pages in a given group. For example, a set of pages in the group start
> with the name "Nico-" and another set start with "Hcm-" and I'd like to
> have two separate RecentChanges pages so that interested parties need
> only see those changes.
>
> I am wondering if there is any version of the "(:include:)" directive
> that understands regular expressions? I didn't see a cookbook to this
> effect, but I imagine someone may have run into a need like this before.
> If I could just include lines that match a certain pattern, then the
> task of building a limited RecentChanges page would be pretty simple.
>
> Of course, maybe there is a better way of approaching the problem
> altogether!

Its not clear how you are planning to use (:include...:) directives to
create the RecentChanges pages you want, but you can probably do it by
using a (:pagelist...:) command (which can accept wildcards or, with a
bit of work, regular expressions) and have the (:include:) directive
appear in the display template for the pagelist.