[pmwiki-users] HtpasswdForm Problem

imoc blog.oc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:23:17 CST 2008

Dear list,

I'm a newbie with PmWiki. I've set up the test wiki site,
it is super easy; I've installed about ten recipes, it's
easy too. However, when I come to install the
HtpasswdForm, it became a nightmare.

The cookbook explained so little about how to get it work.
I've to find so many post here to learn how to put the
.htpasswd file and make the script know the file.

Any way I finally get something right. Now I have these
lines in 'config.php':
=================================\\
 $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '@User';
 $AuthUser['htpasswd'] = 'local/user/.htpasswd';
 include_once("local/Site.HtpassForm.php");
 include_once("scripts/authuser.php");
=================================

And these lines in 'Site.HtpassForm.php':
=================================\\
<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
# Password forms
 $EnableHtpassword = 1;
 $EnableHtgroup = 1;
 $HtpasswordNewUsers = 0;
 $HtpasswordAutoLogin = 0;
 $HtpasswordDefaultGroup = '@User';

 include_once("cookbook/htpasswdform.php");
=================================

I can add new user, rename or delete it, and I can login
as the new user. The wiki can see me. I use

" (:if [ auth edit || authid ]:) {$AuthId}(:ifend:) "

to welcome the login user in the HomePage. It looks great
with only one problem:

The user I add do not get any 'edit' right. They can login
but they cannot edit.

What did I do wrong? Can you help me out?

Cheers,
imoc