[pmwiki-users] MS Publisher file format upload

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 21:03:11 CST 2008

Hi, all:  What's the process for adding the ".pub" file format and
extension to the list of recognized and permitted file formats?

I've added other file types in config.php, I think, but had an
existing, similar file-type to associate them with.

The .pub file type is for MS Publisher documents.  I know these can be
converted to .pdf files, and we've done that, but thinking there may
be attributes of a .pub file that don't come through the conversion to
.pdf, and that there may be some value to another MS Publisher user to
have the .pub file as it is, I'd like to be able to allow upload of
that file-type.

Looking at scripts/upload.php, I do see other MS file-types associated
with their "Content-Type: values", specifically:

'doc' => 'application/msword', 'ppt' =>
'application/vnd.ms-powerpoint',  'xls' => 'application/vnd.ms-excel'

Since the values are not consistently phrased in these examples, I
don't know what I ought to use for this ".pub" type.

Is there a right way to handle this?

Thanks!

Tegan