[pmwiki-users] cookbook "ShellTools" (was: Include specific lines of text on a page)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 13:39:21 CST 2008

Sunday, January 20, 2008, 6:23:57 PM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> (When I put n=5 as the argument it somehow doesn't even appear in $args[0]
> -- how is that possible?)

For markup expression definitions follow this convention:

MarkupExpression['expr'] = 'CustomExprFunction(@$arg[0],@$arg[1],@$argp)';

This will be handled by the PmWiki MarkupExpression function, which
will read the option parameters and hands them to the
CustomExprFunction.

$arg[0], $arg[1] etc. are parameters given, in that order, without
keywords. $argp will cover all keyword parameters, like cut=...
hide=... etc. and are handed to the custom function as an array with
keyword and value pairs.

So for instance in
function Grep($pagename, $expr, $src, $opt = NULL) {... }
$expr is equal to $arg[0], $src to $arg[1], and $opt is an array:
$opt['cut'], $opt['hide'] etc. with the keywords and their associated
values from the markup expression.

I think this is th ebasic. I may have missed some details.

  ~Hans