[pmwiki-users] Wrong summary in Fox form?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 15:37:41 CST 2008

Tuesday, January 22, 2008, 9:14:15 AM, Randy wrote:

> I've encountered such a bug with Summary handling when I use Fox
> forms. It would help me if others who use Fox could test whether their
> systems are handling Summary correctly.

Thanks for your request, Randy!
I looked into it, and can shed some light on it:
Fox uses PmWiki's UpdatePage function for saving the page and doing
other things like saving attributes and writing to RecentChanges.
If a fox form has an input  field named 'csum', then the value from it
will get written to RecentChanges pages, but not saved as a page
attribute. I discovered that for normal page editing the HandleEdit
function is used, which will write the csum value to the page, before
it calls UpdatePage to do  the page save etc.

So as this is important, as you point out, that a change
summary is written as page attribute,  I will change fox.php to do
what HandleEdit does with csum before it calls UpdatePage.
It will be in the next update, released right now.

  ~Hans