[pmwiki-users] Borrowing title from another page

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Jan 24 15:12:49 CST 2008

Sameer Kumar wrote:

> I have two groups: 'Projects' and 'Projecttext'.

> For each page in Projects, there is a corresponding page in
Projecttext.

> Each page in Projects group has a specified (:title:).

> I would like the pages in Projecttext to inherit the Title of the

> corresponding page in the Projects group.

I don't think there is any non-recipe approach that will work. The title

for a page is saved in that pages' meta-information when the page is
saved.

I think you would need to write a recipe that overrode the default title

handling in order to get the effect you want.

I am not a programmer and have no experience with php. So writing a
recipe is a bit of an uphill task for me!

I have also tried adding the following at the top of the Projecttext
page using an EditTemplate:

(:title {Projects.{*$Name}$Title}:)

The problem I face now is that when this page gets "included" into the
corresponding Projects page, the two titles conflict and I lost the
title of the Projects page!