[pmwiki-users] Wiki upgrade experience

wiki question wiki_questions at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:12:19 CST 2008

As requested here is a write up on my wiki upgrade experience and known issues:

  Background:
  Built wiki Farm on  (pmwiki-2.1.27):
  30+ farm pages
  Skin: fixflow
  Recipes:
  AdvancedTableDirectives.php
   break_page.php
    enablehtml.php
   extract.php
   imagemap.php
    quicktoc.php
    tabtable.php
authorcontrib.php
  edittitle.php
  extendmarkup.php
  pmcal.php
  rename.php
  togglelink.php

  Upgraded to pmwiki-2.2.0-beta65 in order to utilize extract.php
  set $SiteAdminGroup = $SiteGroup;
  in the farmconfig.php in order to avoid moving the notify lists around on 30+ farmed wikis.
  I followed the upgrade procedures to the letter and the upgrade took less than 1 second.

  Known issues/bugs

  I had to chmod 2777 wiki.d/ from 777 in order for the upgrade to work. other wise is got a restricted access type error.

  Comment issue:
  I found that if someone creates a table using table directives within the >>comment<<  >><<  and does not put a (:tableend:) at the end of the table the side bar will disappear from that page.  this was not an issue in the previous version

  Default Group issue:
  In one of my config files I had
  $DefaultGroup = 'Group Name'
  this caused the entire farmsite to error and only display "page ''' does not exist"
  I set $DefaultGroup = 'GroupName'   (i.e. no whitespace) and the page displayed correctly.
  Apparently the previous version ignores whitespace??

  If any other issues pop up I will append them to this message.

  All in all this was an easy upgrade to a great product with only a few minor issues so far.

  Also,
  Is there a proper way to submit possible bugs to pmwiki?

  Thanks,
  Ben