[pmwiki-users] Bug in (:title:) markup?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jan 25 15:35:02 CST 2008

Charles Little wrote:
> That could cause problems to existing sites, and doesn't correct anything, merely covers it up.  This doesn't seem like a bug as much as a design flaw.. Perhaps something needs to be added to the tag to allow the person doing the markup to specify that this particular instance is an override.
>
> Thoughts?

First, Pm never changes anything that affects the behaviour of existing
sites without consulting this group; he does not change simply for
change's sake. Even if it's unanimous that the new way is better, he
always puts in a flag so you can still have the old behaviour. Just one
of the many little things that makes PmWiki such a nice program for real
world users.

Second, for nested pages, my vote would be the "outer" or main page
wins. If A (:includes B:) and B (:includes C:), A would win.

Third, for non-nested pages, first makes more sense to me. I put
(:title:) at the top of every page, with what my English teacher called
the topic paragraph. However, I can't think of a case other than
(:include:) where having more than one (:title:) is intended.

Sandy