[pmwiki-users] Disabling History and Recent Changes views

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:29:55 CST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 4:07 PM,  <pmwiki at 911networks.com> wrote:
> > Steven Benmosh wrote:
> > > 1. How do I disable the History and Recent Changes links at
> > > the bottom of the wiki from being read by users?
>
> in config.php you can ... have:
>
> # so that only registered users can see the source
> $HandleAuth['diff'] = 'edit';
>
> Only people that can edit, can also do a diff.

That's how I have it.  I don't use AuthUser or UserAuth -- I've stuck
with the default, password-based authentication scheme.

In config.php:

	$HandleAuth['source'] = 'edit';
	$HandleAuth['diff'] = 'edit';

In some of my skins, I display Site/PageActions via an (:include:),
and the inclusion is conditional on the user having logged in/used a
password that conveys edit rights to the page in view:

(:if auth edit:)(:include Site/PageActions:)(:ifend:)

And I've added some items to Site/PageActions that are themselves
conditional on the user having **admin** rights:  Page-lock,
Group-lock and a link to the site's Admin page-group (which will
probably become SiteAdmin after I upgrade to V2.2):

(:if auth admin:)[[{*$Name}?action=attr | page-lock]]
[[{*$Group}/GroupAttributes?action=attr | group-lock]]
[[Admin/HomePage | admin]](:ifend:)

I hope that helps.

Tegan