[pmwiki-users] Bug in (:title:) markup?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 04:36:45 CST 2008

Sunday, January 27, 2008, 10:04:37 AM, marc wrote:

>> > Maybe it is worth to consider that changing 'the last (:title:) win' to 'the first
>> (:title:) win'?
>>
>> Definitely.

> +1

> Currently, it's too confusing (nonsensical?) to users.

I find it confusing too. To make sure that a (:title ..:) directive on
a page is applied correctly, it forces an author to put it at the end
of the page, which is totally non-intutive.

This problem has been raised many times, first 3 years ago. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00266 (:include:) and (:title:)

This PITS entry is closed, saying the current behaviour is not a bug.

The discussion here seems to suggest that it should be opened again,
perhaps calling it an "undesired feature".

  ~Hans