[pmwiki-users] How to add words right after the button of NewPageBoxPlus

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 03:35:11 CST 2008

Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 7:49:25 AM, imoc wrote:

> I got only a little problem that after the (:newpagebox:) button I'd like
> to add some words right after it. But I failed to do that. Can you teach
> me how to do that? I want to add words 'after' the button not on the
> button label.

forms are block-level elements, therefor  a browser will add a
vertical space after the form, so your following text will appear on
the next line instead.

you can try to get the form behave as an inline element:
add to pub/css/local.css: (create the file if you have not got it)

form.newpage {display: inline;}

It is possible that this alone is not enough for some browsers.
I read this here:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/extraspace.html
You may need to enclose both form and teext in a surrounding div and
make that inline too:

try in local.css:

.newpage {display: inline;}

and in your page:

>>newpage<<
(:newpagebox ... :) text after ....
>><<

A third method without using css is to use a table:
Use this in your page:

||width=10em
||(:newpagebox..:)||text after.... ||

Set width to something small.