[pmwiki-users] Passwords: Group Attributes and eg @_site_edit

Rick Creighton email_for_rick at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 05:13:11 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm having a problem setting read passwords using Group Attributes.  The
situation on the wiki is this:

-There is no read password by default
-I'm operating a shared password system (rather than AuthUser or UserAuth,
etc)
-There are site-wide passwords for edit, upload, attr defined in config.php
-I have defined more than one edit password, using the array command:
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = array(crypt('alpha'), crypt('beta'));
-There is a group within the wiki (let's call it PrivateGroup) which I'd
like to make readable only by people who know an edit password
-I tried to implement this by entering @_site_edit as the read password on
PrivateGroup.GroupAttributes

But it didn't work as I had hoped.  I got the following outcomes:

-When I go to PrivateGroup.HomePage and enter an edit password, I cannot
read the page (though I can edit it)
-When I go to PrivateGroup.GroupAttributes and enter an edit password, I CAN
read the page (and also edit it)
-If I change the attributes of PrivateGroup.HomePage (and of each other page
in the group) individual, and set the read password to @_site_edit then
everything works as intended.

My question is:

Is this a feature of PmWiki (that you cannot use @_site_XXXX with
GroupAttributes) or has something gone wrong with my particular
installation?

If it's a normal feature of PmWiki, does anyone have any work-around
suggestions (other than editing the attributes of each page individually)?
If it's a problem with my particular installation, does anyone have any
ideas where to look?

Many thanks,

Rick.