[pmwiki-users] PHP config issue and RSS

Eric Celeste efc.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 22:05:58 CST 2008

I've been experimenting with my "action=rss&name=M*" problem. The problem is
that in one server configuration this kind of query results in a list of
every single page on the site instead of the filtered list of pages that
start with the letter "M".
This first example works fine, it is running 2.1.26 on PHP 4.4.7:

http://eric.clst.org/a/test/Site/AllRecentChanges?action=rss&name=M*

An exact copy of this 2.1.26 site running on another server under PHP
5.1.6fails, producing a list of all pages on the site:

http://tempest.minitex.umn.edu/~eric/test/Site/AllRecentChanges?action=rss&name=M*

I am not a PHP config guru, I just take what the server admins give me. But
in this case, something about the config is breaking PmWiki's ability to
limit RSS feeds by name and group. If anyone with a better idea of how to
configure PHP for PmWiki could take a look at this, I'd be much obliged.

I've enabled diagnostics on these two wikis, so this might help...

http://eric.clst.org/a/test?action=phpinfo
http://tempest.minitex.umn.edu/~eric/test?action=phpinfo

Many thanks for any ideas,
...Eric