[pmwiki-users] foxnotify delete

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Thu Jul 10 16:04:39 CDT 2008

okay, let's see

On 10 Jul 2008, at 3:32 AM, Hans wrote:

> Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:15:46 AM, adam overton wrote:
>
>> i'm unable to delete from FoxNotifyLists.UserGroupA...
>> and in this case, there is no redirection - it stays on the
>> UserGroupA-Notify page, and no foxmessage is output...
>
> are the foxdelete links okay? The posted link (not the template)
> should be something like
>
>  notify=test at example.com {[foxdelline 1215682664a91855b0
> {$FullName} ]}
>
> It needs an id string, which Fox adds when the link is created,
> and the page reference, which also gets added automatically.

yep, i see exactly that (just a different id number):
notify=a at blah.com recipient='User Group A' format=#default
squelch=60       {[foxdelline 1215722572a80904b0 {$FullName} ]}[[<<]]
[[<<]]

and this is the link i get as a result:
http://uploaddownloadperform.net/FoxNotifyLists.UserGroupA?
action=foxdelete&linekey=1215722572a80904b0&base=UserGroupA.UserGroupA-N
otify&csum=Post%20deleted

>> do you think it possible to delete from one group to another with
>> different passwords set for each group?
>
> If there are different edit passwords for different groups, then a
> user will be prompted again, when going from editing one group to
> going to edit the other group.
>
> If $FoxAuth = 'read'; in config.php before including fox.php,
> then there should be no prompting for a password, unless a 'read'
> password is set.

yes, FoxAuth and other Fox variables are setup well before any other
Fox stuff is called:
	$FoxNameFmt[] = '*.*';  // allow posting anywhere
	$FoxAuth = 'read'; // opens posting to pages which are edit protected
	$EnablePostDirectives = true;  // allows posting of directives
(: ... :) in fox
	$EnableFoxDeleteMsg = true;  // Set to true if you want a delete
confirmation message displayed when clicking any delete links or
buttons. (Note: there is still an unresolved bug prohibiting the
Cancel).
	$FoxDeleteMsg = "Are you sure you want to delete this message?";

>> wondering if there's a way for me to reconfigure FoxNotify so that
>> the notify info is actually stored within the user's own group?
>
> If you use (:foxmail ....:) or foxaction=mail in your fox form
> you can specify any page as mail target. The target page contains the
> email address list, and Fox does not post to the target page, but uses
> the addresses as mailing targets, and uses the template as email
> template.
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxNotify

i will take a look at this. thanks...

adam