[pmwiki-users] OT: anybody done a "tinyurl" replacement?

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jul 11 06:57:07 CDT 2008

Peter Bowers wrote:
> With this in Tiny.List:
...snipped....

> If you have difficulties with it let me know.  I was not able to
> redirect to an external site (i.e., http://www.google.com), but I
> haven't taken the time to research whether that is a problem with
> WikiSh or whether that is a limitation of the Redirect() function from
> core.  I also don't use any CleanUrl recipes or anything so I'm not
> sure if that will have an impact or not - just let me know if it
> doesn't meet specs and I'll work on it some more.
>
> -Peter
>
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:21 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
>> I am persuaded, somehow, that WikiSh might be of some use, although I
>> couldn't deal with it myself.
>> What does Peter think...?
>>
>> Luigi

Hi Peter

Thanks for the wikiSH solution, but I need to be able to redirect to
fully qualified external URLs as well as pages.

Hans sent me a modified version of the InterMap handler that does
exactly what I need. He plans to publish it as a recipe.

For an example, try this link:

http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php?goto=nashmap

You can see the "redirect" page here:

http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Site/RedirectMap