[pmwiki-users] custom markup order

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 11 07:42:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:48:56PM +0200, noskule wrote:
> hi list
> I try to build a markup which should be executed after link processing.
> So I process it in the block phase. The problem is, that pmwiki does not
> recognice the markup if it is not in one line. If I process the markup
> in the split phase it works.
>
> Does anyone see the problem?

Multi-line markups where a single pattern processes multiple lines
must be performed prior to the 'split' phase (normally in 'fulltext').
Otherwise, the multi-line markup has to be able to keep track
of the start and end markers occurring over multiple rule
applications.  For an example of the latter, see how the (:div:)
markups are processed.