[pmwiki-users] Question: AuthUser with PublishPDF

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Jul 11 20:04:10 CDT 2008

I am trying to understand the implication of using AuthUser
with the PublishPDF recipe. When a user requests a PDF,
this causes the PDF server to issue an http request for
the page contents, so we have to authenticate the PDF
server as an authorised reader.

The code in PublishPDF that generates the http request
includes the lines:
  # pass $_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'] contents to wikipublisher
  if (isset($_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'])) ...

This passes the session information to the PDF server
and it works correctly for sites using pmwiki passwords.

With AuthUser, the brute force solution is to bypass it:
if ($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] != 'ip.of.pdf.server')
    include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

Q1. What do I need to do to make the PublishPDF recipe
    work with AuthUser?

TIA
--
John Rankin