[pmwiki-users] pmform captchas bypassed on thinkhost.com

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 14 09:28:29 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 08:35:02AM -0500, Ben Stallings wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Weird.  I'm not sure where the problem lies, although it sounds as though
> > the captchas are always evaluating as true.
>
> Actually it turns out they were not evaluating at all... I had the same
> problem many others have had, in that I enabled captchas without adding
> them to my Site/EditForm, so my attempts to edit pages (including
> Site/PmFormTemplates) were unsuccessful.

I see three possible solutions to this:

1.  Make Captcha part of the core, with Site.EditForm preconfigured to
    display a captcha whenever $EnablePostRequiresCaptcha is set.

2.  Leave Captcha as a recipe, but modify the distributed Site.EditForm
    to display a captcha whenever $EnablePostRequiresCaptcha is set.

3.  Provide a Site.EditForm with the Captcha recipe, and instructions
    to tell an admin how to configure it into the system (this actually
    may be the status quo).

Thoughts?