[pmwiki-users] Web for mobiles -- Apple sold over 1 million iPhones last weekend...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 07:31:14 CDT 2008

Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 1:12:24 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:

> - As the page loads, a lot of things are included into the page
> (javascripts, css definitions,...please see the html) which could be
> useful (and make no harm) for the regular pc view, but are unuseful
> and overload the transfer to the mobile device.
> How can we filter out those extra lines which are not in an explicit
> manner defined in the mobile skin and or in the page text?

Not sure why you use ?action=mobile

I would add to the standard skin template in the head something like this:

<link href='$SkinDirUrl/css/handheld.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='handheld' />

If the browser is recognised as a handheld device, then only the
handheld.css is loaded, and all others are ignored!

  ~Hans