[pmwiki-users] changing groups?

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Tue Jun 17 05:41:00 CDT 2008

> Is it possible to easily change a group name and all it's pages?
> so, for example,  the group pmwiki.php?n=BBaCommunity.BBaCommunity
> changes to pmwiki.php?n=Community.Community and all the pages
> that belonged to the BBaCommunity group get changed over to the new Community group.

While (from my experience) it is safe to change a group by simply
renaming any file from (say) BBaCommunity.BBaCommunity to
Community.Community, I'm not sure that there is a simple way to update
the whole site to the new change.
Maybe a Unix tool would do, scanning all the files and performing
the update, but still links could be around on the internet which,
sooner or later, might generate a 404 error or anything the like.
Perhaps an Apache solution (redirect/rewrite or similar) should also
be considered as a worthy solution.

Luigi