[pmwiki-users] Page question

Mon Jun 23 11:34:55 CDT 2008

At 11:31 AM 6/23/2008, you wrote:
>Monday, June 23, 2008, 3:57:38 PM, Mailinglists wrote:
>> The reason I didn't use AuthUser in the first place was to avoid
>> the need for both a username and password. For my purposes just a
>> password is more desirable. I may try a variation and just create an
>> "if...then" kind of sequence where I check the password entered and redirect to the appropriate page.
>If you have  a 'Client' page with a number of links to each user's
>page, say in a 'Profiles' group, you could simply write the links like
>* [[Profiles.ClientA?action=login| ClientA ]]
>* [[Profiles.ClientB?action=login| ClientB ]]

I was trying to do both, not have a client page where all were listed but instead just show a login and then redirect. This is just for a single page for each client. The rest of the site, all other pages, are wide open. That way one client wouldn't see the list of all other clients.

>Otherwise you would need to create a conditional on the password
>entered. But this is normally not available for security reasons.

That is what I was thinking I could do, but I guess you saying the password is not exposed for use in a conditional without modification?

This is low security situation.  It is just something to make the client feel special and give a small sense of privacy. We just put proofs and samples on these pages, nothing sensitive.

Thanks again.