[pmwiki-users] basic forms questions

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 04:05:28 CST 2008

Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 8:39:22 AM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> However, I find that it always takes me to my home page.  Note that I am NOT
> using CleanUrls and so a "?n=group.page" is a necessary part of my URL.  I
> have gotten around this by always including a directive:
>         (:input hidden n="{*$FullName}:)
> However, I'd like to simplify this as well as ensuring that it will work in
> environments with CleanUrls or without CleanUrls.  Is the hidden field
> necessary?  Are there preferred ways around this?

Sorry for giving an incomplete answer!

I think the hidden n field is necessary, even if you got a correct
form action=$PageUrl:

 (:input hidden n {*$FullName}:)

But if you use your own action and action handler function, you could
change that and have your function determine somehow what the output
page should be. n=pagename is just convenient to pass the pagename to
whatever handles the request.

  ~Hans