[pmwiki-users] categories - names, i18n

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 14:19:52 CST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 08:02:28PM +0100, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> in a multilang page sometimes it would be necessary to translate the
> categorie names.
>
> links like this work
> [[Main/HomePage?action=edit|$[Bearbeiten]] ]
>
> so I assumed the same works with category-Links
>
> but categories can't be named, respectvely the categorie is looked as a
> normal link without !
> [[!ABC|ABCrelated]]
> [[!ABC|$[ABCrelated]]]   resolves in   ABC/HomePage not  category/ABC
>
> Is this a minor bug?

I think it's just a question of interpretation.
PmWiki has never defined links of the form [[!ABC | text]] -- it's
always been just [[!ABC]].  To get a link to a category with
alternate text one is supposed to use  [[Category.ABC | text]].

That said, there's a good point to be made that perhaps
[[!ABC | text]] should work.  Opinions?