[pmwiki-users] How do I enabel utf-8 encoding in the mailform recipe based on pmform?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Mar 13 16:15:05 CDT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Martin Kerz wrote:
> E-Mails that are sent using the mailform
> recipe based on pmform ( http://www.pmwiki.org/pmform/PmForm/MailForm)
> on an utf-8 econded site, don't get delivered correctly, i.e. not in
> utf-8 encoding. Can I somehow change this?

To see the message text, you need to at least add such a line
in /local/config.php:

  $PmFormMailHeaders = 'Content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"';

If you need to correctly encode the e-mail subject, you should also add
something like:

  if(@$_POST['subject'])
    $_POST['subject'] = strtoupper("=?$Charset?B?")
    . base64_encode($_POST['subject'])."?=";

Thanks,
Petko